Saturday, November 29, 2008

Whew - what a week!

I just had a very unusual week to be sure. I spent nearly 16 hours carving pumpkins. No, your eyes are not playing tricks on you and yes, it was Thanksgiving this week... I answered an ad to carve pumpkins for a Thanksgiving banquet. I knew I had the talent so I replied. I ended up finding a fantastic tool for this purpose - a dremel tool. I don't know if you'll ever need that piece of info for pumpkin carving, but it works like a dream and really helps you carve intricate designs you really can't accomplish with a knife alone.
There is a drawback though - pumpkin dust! Actually it isn't dry at all, it's more like pumpkin flinging madness. I was covered, I mean it covered, in pumpkin. I have a stained t-shirt to prove the power of beta-carotene. Did you know that pumpkin is a super food? But I digress...
I had a strange and exciting week. I regret that I have not kept up with my daily blogs during the mayhem, but it really threw my rhythm off. Plus my right hand was literally exhausted from using that darn dremel tool for umpteen hours straight! I couldn't even hold a pencil at the end of the day! Phew... glad to be done with that and ready to move on.

1 comment:

Harmony said...

Wow! Those are amazing!