Monday, November 10, 2008

Remember when?

You used to get so excited about everything? I mean being tall enough to reach the light switch by yourself, getting moved up to the next level in class, having a PB & J sandwich in your lunchbox are all incredibly exciting to a three-year-old. Being tall enough to finally ride on a roller coaster, walking to school all by yourself, riding a horse are great fun for a nine-year-old...

But what do you do when you're 33 for excitement? Yesterday I went for a boat ride at sunset. It was simple, but I don't know when I last took the time to just breathe and watch the sun sink below the horizon. I also helped my dad catch a fish, now come on - that's fun!

Sometimes the "rat race" sucks us in and we forget to stop and share our gratitude for the fact than we can stand and breathe and take in the beauty that surrounds us. So here's your (and mine for that matter) assignment for the day: get excited about a snow cone, or tying your shoes by yourself or watching your favorite TV show. It might seem hokey at first, but I guaranty you will smile!

No comments: