Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Blogging's Like a Box of Chocolates...

I very rarely have a plan when I sit down to write. Sometimes I have the burning desire to tell about an experience I've had (like sinking my boat) or an epiphany that woke me up, but more often than not I just pull random thoughts from my head.
This morning I woke up to a different game plan for the day then I had expected. My daughter, with a very cheerful grin on her face, announced to me that she was getting sick. "What do you mean Sweetie? What kind of sick?" I asked, not knowing whether this was a make-believe game or real (she's three after all). She told me she wanted medicine as she fumbled with the "childproof" lock on the bathroom cupboard. As I reminded her that only grownups issue medicine she proceeded to throw up on the bathroom floor.
"Oh, geez, that kind of sick!"
So she's home now from preschool watching the Wizard of Oz for the umpteen millionth time. Come to think of it children are like a box of chocolates...

No comments: