Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Best of Times, The Worst of Times


To borrow a phrase from Charles Dickens, "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..." How often this is true still amazes me. This is the challenge that life brings us on a daily basis. It is the challenge to find the good in the bad. If we can remember that every "challenge" every "problem" has wrapped within it some pearl of wisdom, some ray of light we can make it through those trying times with our sanity and even happiness in tact.
I have had a very challenging week. I have also had amazing opportunities arise from those challenges. We can't ever really know just how fortunate a situation we are experiencing until we look back on it. I'm sure you've had the experience of thinking back to something that might have seemed like it was bad or inconvenient or even a full blown "crises" at the time that turned out to be exactly what you really needed to move forward.
So here is my "pearl of wisdom" for you: always remember that there is a way through what you are dealing with. Your answers or solutions might not always be crystal clear to you immediately, but they always exist - you just have to allow yourself to run into them. Repeat to yourself, "I am going through this right now, and through this I will go!" In other words, yes you are having a particular challenge but this too shall pass!

2 comments:

Lorraine C. Ladish said...

I promise I did not read your post before I posted my latest! Then I noticed the title of yours! Mind readers? Same wavelength at any rate. You go girl.

Anonymous said...

Thanks! Just what I needed to read at this moment!