Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Baby Steps - Step 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_mBLWpdwnI I posted this link because it made me laugh. I think laughter is so key to happiness. I realize we tend to laugh when we are happy anyway, but it is like fuel for the fire - the more we laugh, the better we feel.

Have you ever noticed how you feel after a great belly laugh? You are relaxed, you are smiling and you may have even released some tears. It's a wonderful feeling.
There is a great scene in Mary Poppins (yes my daughter forces me to watch it over and over again!) where they go for a tea party on the ceiling. The song they sing is called "I Love to Laugh". As the characters laugh they raise higher and higher in the air. The same theme is repeated in Peter Pan - to fly you must think happy thoughts!

So here is the next step: find a way to laugh with your loved ones and/or partner. It is a great bonding experience and a wonderful way to exorcise stress. Even if you have to resort to tickling each other!

I can't begin to tell you how much it delights me to hear my sweetheart laugh. Especially when he's doubled over holding his stomach! It is absolutely contagious. You just can't watch someone laugh like that and not join in.

Try it today - laugh in love and love to laugh!

No comments: