On my average day I speak with between 100 and 300 people. Whew! That can be tiring. It can also be very exhilarating because you really never know who you'll meet. You may meet the exact right person that has a piece of whatever puzzle you're currently trying to solve.
So how do you, when you are rushed, stressed or distracted still manage to reach out and connect with someone? You're going to laugh when you hear how simple it is! Smile. Smiles are wonderful tools and they are absolutely contagious. The very best part about a smile is that it costs you absolutely nothing to give away and it pays you back in tremendous dividends.
So tomorrow morning when you start your day the very first thing you can do to get started on a successful day is smile. Start with the mirror (because you deserve a smile too) and then move on to your partner, your kids, your co-workers, your customers.... and the list goes on. Smile at EVERYONE and then try to have a bad day - guess what? You'll find that you won't be able to have a bad day after that.
Why you shouldn't say "that's not my job!"
13 years ago
1 comment:
I can't agree more. When I leave my house, I make sure I never do it without a smile. If I see someone in a terrible mood, I smile at them. It really works wonders.
Post a Comment