Thursday, February 5, 2009

What's in a name?

Last night I was complimented again on the title of my blog "Use Your Smoot". (Thanks John!) That got me thinking. (yes it does happen on rare occasion) How much of our outlook on life is influenced by our name? I mean if you grew up hating your name wouldn't that leak into your overall self confidence?
I love my name and have no desire for a different one. Of course I've been called by many other names: Smooter, Norkey, Court, Cookie, Snorks, Baby...and it goes on. What if you grew up with the name "Love"? I actually had a girlfriend in High School whose last name was Love. You know what? She was a very happy girl, always.
So if you could change your name to "Love", would you be able to handle it? Just curious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, with a name like "Harmony Star" I understand this. I am definitely my name and my name is me. I wouldn't be me without it and I love it. But it is hard sometimes when you are sad or in a down mood to quite be what everyone expects of you just because of your name. It's a tough job being a Peaceful, Happy Star sometimes. :-)