It is so easy to "be with" someone when times are smooth and happy and money flows easily. What happens when one of you loses your job, or gets sick or has a death in the family? Those are the times that are so trying and telling.
I bring this up because I have had several relationships that did not withstand those kinds of tests. I am now very blessed to experience unconditional love. I don't only mean that I receive it, I mean that I give it.
Unconditional love is totally freeing. It is the rare gift that not only benefits the person receiving it, but the person that gives it as well. I am a mother, which of course entails lots of patience and understanding. My journey with my daughter so far has been incredibly revealing to me. I have learned how much I have to give and how easy it is to experience joy on a daily basis.
I am also blessed with the "love of my life". That has been amazing as well. In the past year we have gone through major earth shaking changes and have managed to only grow closer together and stronger. I am actually grateful for these tests because I now have unwavering faith in "us". This is how we are told love and marriage should be, but so few of us truly experience it. I think that is largely due to our lack of preparation. I think I will save that topic for the next entry...
Why you shouldn't say "that's not my job!"
13 years ago
1 comment:
Courtney, this post speaks, no, SCREAMS at me ....
Thanks for bringing it up!
Post a Comment