I attended a group meditation last Monday and again last night. The object of the meditation was to connect with "love" - that ultimate in human states. Not necessarily "romantic love" or "brotherly love", but universal love. It was a very interesting experience and the thing that I found most fascinating was the reaction of others in the room. I personally have had some awesome experiences with guided meditation, but some of the others were "newbies". It was so interesting to watch them overcome their previous "programming" and allow themselves to share very intimate thoughts with the others in the room.
One woman in particular shared a touching story about redemption. She had asked many years ago for a sign that she was not alone and unguided in the universe. That same day she met a new friend, who until that day was a complete stranger, that told her that she was so loved. This came to her in a very dark time and offered hope and light.
When you hear a story like this you can't help but come to the conclusion that we ALL have the power to touch someone in a positive way. Sometimes we are completely unaware of how we affect others, sometimes it's deliberate. I believe that if you are consistently kind, respectful and loving to each person you interact with you are bound to start positive ripples.
Hold a door open for a stranger today - literally or figuratively. You'll start something!
Why you shouldn't say "that's not my job!"
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment