Friday, January 16, 2009

Goals

I recently read a great quote from J. C. Penny - the founder of the retail stores. "Give me a stock clerk with a goal and I will give you a person who will make history; but give me a person without a goal and I will give you a stock clerk." Wow... that really hit home for me.

This is the time of year when everyone seems to get a new lease on life and a boost in energy and inertia. I have had the incredible fortune to work with some pretty amazing people, who for some reason have believed in me even when I lost sight of my own purpose. I suppose they were put in my path to remind me to stay focused and reach for that "potential" I have been told about for many years.

So I am creating a new personal mission statement. I think one of the best ways for me to keep myself honest is to publish that statement for all the world to see. So later when you run into me out and about ask me if I'm on track! (everyone needs some pushing now and again)

So here is my personal mission as I see it today:
I will help a stranger every day. I will strive to always show kindness, love and respect to everyone I interact with. I will help guide my clients to happiness and love using my focused attention to their needs and my ability to connect people. I will share knowledge whenever possible. I will support my family financially, morally and spiritually. I will inspire others to explore their joy too.

I reconnected with an old friend a couple of weeks ago. We've known each other since sixth grade. She told me that way back then I helped her break out of her shell. She said I always told her "No regrets, go for it." Isn't it funny how your own words can come back to you years later? What a wise 13 year old I was... It's time to reconnect with that.

No regrets! Go for it 2009!

1 comment:

Lorraine C. Ladish said...

I agree!!! I think we are on the same wavelength!!!